quarta-feira, janeiro 23, 2008

Kathleen Turner conta tudo...

Kathleen Turner a actriz da Joia do Nilo e The War of the Roses, publicou uma autobiografia onde explicar porque é que detesa Nicolas Cage e Burt Reynolds. Passo a citar algumas passagens do livro que se tornou num "must read":

Nicolas Cage:

"Nic was absolutely determined to prove that he wasn't there as the result of nepotism. So, everything Francis wanted him to do, he went against - to show that he wasn't under his uncle's wing. Which was ridiculous. Oh, that stupid voice of his and the fake teeth! Honestly, I cringe to think about it. He caused so many problems. He was arrested twice for drunk-driving and, I think, once for stealing a dog. He'd come across a chihuahua he liked and stuck it in his jacket."

Sobre Raquel Welch que fez um casting para a substituir na peça Cat on a Hot Tin Roof na Broadway:

"One afternoon, my male co-star came into my dressing room and said: 'You gotta come. You gotta see this, Kathleen.' We crept in through the back door of the theatre and watched as Raquel Welch did an audition. 'Well, I just don't think that Kathleen has ever been feline enough,' we heard her say. She was going around the stage with her hands like claws, hissing and making cat gestures. Oddly enough, the producers decided not to use her."

Sobre Burt Reynolds:

"One day, we started shooting a scene that Michael Caine and I had rehearsed, where we finish each other's sentences like old married couples do. Making that dialogue work needed real skill. It had to be fast; it had to be sharp. But Burt just couldn't do it. The director finally said: 'Look, why don't we just shoot line by line?' And, idiot that I am, I shot back: 'Because it's called a scene, that's why.'

From that day on, Burt and I were sworn enemies. He later accused me of trying to get him sacked every day and publicly declared that the sound of my name made him want to vomit
I won't be rushing to work with him again, either"

Sem comentários: